Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Like a bloody snail


So I´ve been travelling for 6 months. That means six months of carrying everything I own (on this continent at least) on my back. Living out of a back pack. wearing the same outfits over and over again. Sharing rooms, bathrooms and generally not having a space to call my very own. Now I know one cannot really complain when you are travelling all over and seeing and doing amazing things and meeting (mostly) lovely people, but it does get a bit much. I now know what snails must feel like.

Which is why I´ve taken a few days out and am currently in Coroica a little place outside of La Paz in Bolivia and I have my very own little cabin. It´s the most space I´ve had to myself in six months. I have a bed, bathroom, kitchen and even dining room table all to myself! Crazy luxury! And all for a steep R49 a night.I love Bolivia.

Who would´ve thought that my own bathroom and being able to make myself a cup of tea could make me this happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment