Thursday, June 7, 2012

Hablo Español

Another one to tick off. Two years ago I went to South-America and fell in love with the place. Since then I've been trying to learn to speak Spanish. To be honest though while I was in South-America I was a little too pre-occupied with drinking beer and the hot latino's to really focus on learning a language so true to my hap hazard nature I only really started learning Spanish once I was back in South-Africa. And it's not easy, but I love it. How do you know if you're fluent? well I remember when I lived in Holland waking up one morning and realising that I'd just dreamt in Dutch and that I was thinking in Dutch. I'm Afrikaans so it was relatively easy to get to that point. But that must count as fluent. I don't know if I'll ever get there with Spanish, perhaps if move to a Spanish speaking country? Maybe I should put that on my bucket list as well. Live in Spanish speaking country. I think it's going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment